Basin Arts is excited to release its summer schedule of classes and an announcement on special pricing for all classes in June and July.
This summer, Basin will offer a full array of classes, including ballet, cardio, Pilates, contemporary, yoga, modern, tap — with classes every day of the week. For a complete schedule of classes, click here: https://basinartslafayette.com/2018/05/15/summer-class-schedule/
Basin will offer Summer Saturdays — four in June and two in July that are free community workshops, including crafts, body painting (taking facepainting to the next level), a tap dancing clinic and a creative workshop combining the French language with dance in a partnership with Alliance Francais.
The public is welcomed to attend dance and exercise classes at $15 a class ($12 for students) or the highly discounted price of $125 for unlimited open classes in June and July. Other pricing plans are also available.
On the art front, there is an array of classes to choose from in June and July:
1. Open Class Schedule of adult dance classes during June & July (teens 16+ encouraged to take classes over the summer too!). The Summer Special of $125 gets you unlimited open classes in June & July.
2. Modern Movers with Clare Cook and Alex McBride, Tuesday’s & Thursday’s 9:30-11:00am, June 5th – June 21st. $100 for the series. $20/drop-in class. A pre-professional dance class open to students age 12+ teaching modern dance technique, improvisation and choreography focused on engaging both the physical and intellectual components of dance and dance creation co-led by Basin Arts Director, Clare Cook and Limon Company Dancer, Alex McBride. https://
3. Partnering & Contact Improvisation Dance Workshop with Alex McBride and Taylor Mitchell. Thursday June 7th, 6:30-8:30pm. Open to ages 17+, $20/person. https://
4. Art Classes:
-Teen Painting Jam with Jaik Faulk. June 4-7, 1:00-4:00pm and July 16-19, 1:00-4:00pm. $225/session or $400 for both. All supplies included.
Age 12+ https://
–Acrylic Painting for Beginners with Dirk Guidry. Tuesday’s 6-8pm, June 5th – 26th. $180/all supplies included. https://
–Still Life Oil Painting Galore with Jaik Faulk. June 6, 7, 8 from 5:00-7:00pm daily. $125/supplies included or bring your own.
–Fantastic Landscapes Oil Painting with Jaik Faulk. June 13, 14, 15 from 5:00-7:00pm.$125/supplies included or bring your own.
–Paint your Date Night with Brittney Pelloquin! Two Dates: Thursday June 21st & Thursday July 19th. 6:30-9:00pm. $75/couple.
5. Co-Lab Arts Camp is a creative laboratory full of experimentation, play and discovery through movement and visual arts with a focus on artistic and interpersonal collaboration. The camp is open to students entering 1st – 6th grades. June 25-29th, $225/student Early Bird Rate before June 1st. $275 after. https://
6. Summer Saturday’s: Join us on select Saturdays throughout the summer for FREE workshops for all ages! Come out with your littles (and bigs) to have some family fun creating, dancing, and more!
June 9, 10-12pm Craft Day, https://
June 23, 10-12pm Body Painting for All Ages, https://
July 14, 10-12pm Tap Dancing, https://
July 28, 10-12pm Francais et Danse, https://
About Basin Arts:
Basin Arts is a container for creativity; an arts center that supports and implements cross-disciplinary collaboration, allowing Lafayette’s creative class to come together, share, experiment, and focus on process over product. Basin Arts creates opportunities for artistic expression across generations through dance classes, art classes, visual arts residencies, gallery programming and special events; all aimed at enhancing the artistic identity of our community.
About Basin Dance Collective:
Basin Dance Collective is the resident contemporary dance company at Basin Arts led by Artistic Director, Clare Cook. Basin Dance Collective is an ensemble of high-caliber dancers, choreographers, and collaborators developing original dances reflective of the talent and vibrancy of South Louisiana as well as the professional standards of the greater dance industry. Also, Basin Dance Collective works to share the life-giving power of movement and dance to people of all ages, abilities and interests through workshops and outreach classes.
For more information about Basin Arts visit https://basinartslafayette.com/ or call Joelle Polisky at (615) 516-0358.
Courtesy of DownTownLafayette